NMR students are front page news!
You may have heard about our fair use app…we hear its kind of a thing now. This summer California Western School of Law did a featured front page story all about our app and our amazing student interns who helped us create it. You can check it out over on the CWSL site here.
Are you a student at California Western School of Law passionate about helping artists, entrepreneurs and internet users with legal issues brought about by the digital age? This spring we will once again be offering an opportunity to be a part of our clinic class, check out our intern page for more details on how to apply. Applications open September 9th and close October 9th.
New guides on disastrous disclaimers and avoiding defamation in social media!
The law is always evolving and we try to make sure our guides evolve with the changes in the law. This summer Staff Attorney Teri Karobonik and NMR Intern Emory Roane updated our Disastrous Disclaimers in the Digital Era guide and our Citizen's Legal Guide To Using Creative Commons Licenses. Thanks to the hard work of former NMR Intern Nick Petruolo we also have
a brand new Best Practices Guide for Avoiding Defamation on Social Media. Be sure to check them out today and get your legal learning on!
Coalitions for a better tomorrow!
This summer New Media Rights joined several coalitions to:
- ensure taxpayer funded educational materials are opened to the public;
- support critical protections for military whistleblowers, and
- tell the US Trade Representative not to adopt measures in the TTP that could expand the “20th century digital black hole."
You can read more about each of these issues on our policy page.
- Can Bitcoin Pay for IOT? Current NMR Intern Emory Roane will join a panel discussing the intersection of privacy and blockchain right here at CyberHive! The panel will take place September 17th at 5pm. Click here for more info and to RSVP, we hear there will also be free tacos!
- TwitchCon 2015! Join Art, Teri and board member Jonathan McIntosh in San Francisco for our panel Can We Just Play? The Legality of Let's Play Video and Streams. The panel will take place September 25 at 1pm in the BibleThump Theater. For more info check out http://www.twitchcon.com.
- San Diego Small Business Advisory Board Annual Community Outreach Meeting. October 16 at the Downtown Central Library Shiley Special Events Suite. More info TBA here.
Please remember New Media Rights is an independently funded nonprofit program and we rely on individual donors to support our work. Without donations from individuals like you, these services simply won't exist. Become an NMR Supporter and ensure this
service exists for years to come!
Submitted by New Media Rights last modified Wed, 09/09/2015 - 9:57am