So you’re a writer or publisher. You use words to inform, educate and entertain the public. Not everyone necessarily agrees with you. And you’re fine with that, it’s part of being an a writer. But some people aren’t content to just disagree. You may have stared down an email in your inbox saying that your article got taken down, but you don’t know why. And you don’t know what to do. Or even worse, someone just sued you for something a third party posted on your website!
You also like to be paid for your work. But sometimes you find that someone takes your work and puts it up on the internet without your permission or any sort of payment. Or maybe your work is being illegally downloaded. This gets you really mad… but you’re not entirely sure what to do about it.
Bur other times you want to share your work openly with others. You just want people to see your work and spread the word. But you don’t know how to do that in relation to copyright law. Maybe you’d even like to publish your book but also release it online for others to read…. You know other authors have similar deals but you don’t know how to negotiate that into your contract.
Sometimes being a writer is just frustrating. You try to track down the facts but maybe the state or federal government won’t turn over those documents.
And sometimes you worry too. What if by secretly recording that politician, I did something illegal? Did I maybe go too far with that last public statement?
- Pre-Publication review for copyright, trademark, right of publicity and fair use.
- Counseling on copyright, Creative Commons licensing, fair use and trademark issues.
- Respond to a DMCA takedown notice or cease and desist letters.
- Respond to other unfair content takedowns, access limitations, and account terminations.
- Help writing DMCA takedown notices and enforcement of copyrighted works.
Now that you know how New Media Rights can help you, please feel free to fill in our contact form here.