So you’re a Maker. You create original designs for others to use. And you love making others designs to create all kinds of amazing things. You may also like to be paid for your work, but sometimes you worry your giving away too many of the rights to your work. You may even wonder what types of rights you have in the designs you create and the products that people print from your designs.
Sometimes times you find that someone takes your work and puts it up on the internet without your permission or any sort of payment. This gets you really mad… but you’re not entirely sure what to do about it.
You might even be a remix artist, taking existing content and putting together into a new and different design. Or at least you think it’s new and different, but the DMCA takedown notice in your in-box seems to say otherwise. And you’re not entirely sure what to do with that takedown notice.
You also may wonder if there is any content online you could use without the need to pay a fee, hire a lawyer, or fear a copyright takedown. Content you would only need to attribute and say where you got it from, now that would make your life so much easier.
- Helping you figure out if your design is eligible for copyright.
- How to legally reuse or remix Copyright protected work.
- Licensing content as well as counseling on openly licensed content.
- Respond to a DMCA takedown notice or cease and desist letters.
- Respond to other unfair content takedowns, access limitations, and account terminations.
- Help writing DMCA takedown notices and enforcement of copyrighted works.
Now that you know how New Media Rights can help you, please feel free to fill in our contact form here.