You’re a musician, you live to make music that makes the world dance. Music is your life and you wouldn’t have it any other way.
You’re collaborative, often working informally with a team of writers and other musicians. Sometimes you draw up contracts as part of business, but sometimes you just focus on making music. Which is fine, until you and your song writer get into a fight and now they’re forbidding you from recording the song. There had to be a way to keep this from happening.
Maybe you're going to make a music video with a filmmaker but you want to make sure once that video is created you own it. You've heard you need to get that in writing, is that true?
Maybe you remix content, taking existing content and putting together something completely new and different. Or at least you think it’s new and different, but the DMCA takedown notice in your in-box seems to say otherwise. And you’re not entirely sure what to do with that takedown notice.
You also may wonder if there is any content online you could use without the need to pay a fee, hire a lawyer, or fear a copyright takedown. Songs or sound clips you would only need to attribute and say where you got it from, now that would make your life so much easier.
Maybe you like to cover your favorite bands, but worry that this might not be legal. Or maybe you’re on the other side of things. Maybe you find out that instead of buying your songs, your fans are pirating them instead. You want to figure out what to do but you don’t know where to start.
- Review of music and music videos for copyright, trademark and fair use.
- Review and writing of contracts.
- Licensing songs and other content as well as counseling on openly licensed content.
- Respond to a DMCA takedown notice or cease and desist letters.
- Respond to other unfair content takedowns, access limitations, and account terminations.
- Help writing DMCA takedown notices and enforcement of copyrighted works.
Now that you know how New Media Rights can help you, please feel free to fill in our contact form here.