Shaun Spalding is an intellectual property attorney with an eye for business development specializing in digital entertainment transactions, licensing, and privacy.
Shaun has represented a handful of the top-40 most watched and most subscribed to Youtube channels in the world. Shaun is also a professor at California Western School of Law teaching an Internet and Media Law clinical course. Outside of academia, over 10,000 working creators have enrolled in his online courses aimed at teaching legal basics to creatives. The LAGD: Legal Assistance for Game Developers video series which he developed, directed, and produced with New Media Rights has over 380,000 views and counting.
Before making contracts and online courses his main hobbies, Shaun worked as a commercial video producer making brand-integrated videos for companies like SWISS Airlines, Sharp Television, the Motion Picture Association of America, and Henkel.
2013 - 2017 - Advisory Board Member - New Media Rights
2014 - 2015 - Steering Committee Member and Mentor - Rising Arts Leaders
2015 - Advisory Board Member – San Diego City College Radio, Television, Video, Film Program
2013 - Alternate to the FCC's Consumer Advisory Committee.
• AALS Conference on Clinical Legal Education - San Francisco, CA - May 2019
• NGLJA National Conference - Palm Springs, CA - September 2018
• Vlog Summit - San Diego, CA - August 2018
• PLI Fundamentals of Copyright in the Data Era - San Francisco, CA - July 2018
• San Diego Continuing Education - San Diego, CA - June 2018
• Association of Health Care Journalists - Phoenix, AZ - April 2018
• San Diego City College - San Diego, CA - April 2018
• City of San Diego’s Small Business Advisory Board - San Diego, CA - January 2018
• SXSW Music - Austin, TX - March 2015
• SXSW Interactive - Austin, TX - March 2014
• Vidcon - Anaheim, CA - July 2012
• Oceanside Film Festival - Oceanside, CA - August 2012
• New Media Expo 2013 - Las Vegas, NV - January 2013