Submitted by New Media Rights last modified Thu, 12/03/2015 - 12:33pm
This Giving Tuesday, December 1, New Media Rights will be running a one-day, 24-hour fundraiser where your donations will be matched dollar for dollar up to $40,000! We need your support more than ever this year. Please pledge an amount to support@newmediarights now, and then donate on December 1 help us leverage our biggest match opportunity ever!
We’ll also be competing with all of the other wonderful programs at California Western School of Law for that $40,000 match on a first come, first matched basis. In order to maximize your impact we are asking donors to give as close as possible to 12:01am PST on December 1st! As an added bonus the first person to donate on December 1st will get a video thank you from the NMR Team!
Need a reminder? Send the dollar amount you would like to pledge to email@example.com by Monday November 23 and we'll send you a reminder email at 12:01AM on Giving Tuesday! Even if you're not a night owl, your early bird donations can have a huge impact!
Double your impact! Double our reach!
By giving on Giving Tuesday, you can double your impact, and help us to do more great work like the work we did this year. Thanks to your continued support we:
- Launched our Fair Use App to provide filmmakers and video creators with a practical tool for learning more about copyright law.
- We helped secure critical exemptions that allow filmmakers to bypass encryption and technical protections measures for purposes of fair use and were a huge part of the historic Open Internet Order!
- We Assisted on our 1,500th legal matter and served more than 500,000 people this year through the educational resources on our website.
- We joined coalitions that supported critical protections for military whistleblowers and helped ensure that you can access the educational materials you pay for with your tax dollars.
- We were approved to provide the New Media Rights Internet and Media Law Clinic with California Western School of Law year round to better train the next generation of lawyer to understand the needs of creators and entrepreneurs.
See a full list of our accomplishments for the year and our exciting plans for next year here!
All the best,
Art Neill, Teri Karobonik, and the New Media Rights team