Joined NMR in:
Erika is a Staff Attorney at New Media Rights, where she works with creative professionals and small businesses in preventative transactional legal matters. In addition to providing one to one legal assistance in entertainment, intellectual property and privacy law matters, Erika also develops educational resources for New Media Rights and engages in public policy advocacy in regulatory proceedings at the Copyright Office.
Erika received her J.D. from California Western School of Law, and her B.A. degree in English from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. During law school, Erika worked for New Media Rights as an intern and student fellow before spending a semester in Los Angeles working in the business and legal affairs department of Shout! Factory, a multi-platform media company. While obtaining her undergraduate degree, Erika worked for four years in the marketing department of a large performing arts center in Madison, Wisconsin, where she assisted in programming projects and events that engaged local communities with the arts, and promoted national Broadway and non-Broadway touring productions.
- Panelist, "Funding and Distribution for Feature Films," San Diego Film Week 2019, San Diego, CA, April 2019
- Speaker, "Using Your Content as Leverage," SD Media Pros, San Diego, CA, March 2019
- Panelist, "Smart & Safe Emerging Startups" Panel, San Diego Smart & Safe Cities Initiative, San Diego, CA, December 2018
- Speaker, "Copyright Law 101 for Creators," Urban Beats, San Diego, CA, October 2018
- Speaker, "Advanced Copyright Law for Creators," SD Media Pros, San Diego, CA, June 2018
- Speaker, "Copyright Law for Creatives," San Diego City College, San Diego, CA, April 2018
- Panel Moderator, “Contract Negotiations: Closing the Deal with the Perfect Pitch,” Entertainment & Sports Law Symposium, California Western School of Law, San Diego, CA, March 2017
- Speaker, “Copyright Law 101 for Creators,” University of California San Diego Extension, San Diego, CA, June 2016
- Speaker, “Copyright Law 101 for Creators,” San Diego City College, San Diego, CA, May 2016