New Media Rights offers free assistance for questions that you may have on the following digital rights issues:
- How to legally reuse or remix Copyright protected work (fair use, parody, mash-ups, sampling, remix, etc)
- Copyright, licensing, trademark, and other legal expertise for internet users
- Responding to a DMCA takedown notice or cease and desist letters
- Respond to other unfair content takedowns, access limitations, and account terminations
- Advising individual smart phone and mobile internet users of their right to control their personal information, including location based information and personal data
- Advising individuals smart phone and mobile internet uses about other abuses related to the use of your smartphone, including throttling of broadband internet, problems with pirated mobile apps and other issues.
- Counseling with individuals and mobile app developers on user privacy, data aggregation, and trademark issues
- Advice on things you can do to legally protect yourself as a website operator
- Reviewing documentaries and comic books for legal issues
- FOIA and Public Records Act requests
Fill out the Contact Us form to request assistance!
New Media Rights also creates how-to and legal guides on these topics thanks to your questions.
We apply the trends that we are seeing in our legal assistance to advocate for improved public interest media policy.
- new media startups
- smart phone users and developers
- all types of artists!
and YOU! Just use our contact form and a real lawyer will contact you promptly to let you know how we can help you.
We want to thank those who make our services possible, particularly our individual donors and the California Consumer Protection Foundation.
So you want to support legal services for independent creators and Internet users? Here's how to do that...